On This Page
Infection Prevention and Control
Infection prevention and control is integral to safe, effective and ethical nursing practice. Ensuring the use of infection prevention and control measures is an important component of nursing. The Infection Prevention and Control practice standard describes the expectations for all nurses in infection prevention and control.
- Identify evidence-based measures to prevent and control the transmission of infection.
- Identify nursing actions and the application of nursing judgment to infection prevention and control.
- Formulate strategies to reduce the risk of transmission to self and others.
- Create appropriate communication strategies to discuss infection prevention and control measures.
Was this module helpful? Give your feedback.
- Guiding Principles
- Application of Professional Judgement
- Application of Evidence-Based Measures
- Risk Reduction
- Transmission of Infection
- Test Yourself
Online Participation Form
Keep track of the website tools and resources you have used.