On This Page
Nurse Practitioner (NP) practice is grounded in the values, knowledge and theories of professional nursing practice. It emphasizes health promotion and the prevention of illness, injury and complications for clients. NPs work with diverse client populations in a variety of contexts and practice settings across the health-illness continuum. This learning module complements the Nurse Practitioner practice standard by outlining specific practice expectations for all NPs.
- Explain the legal scope of NP practice.
- Describe specified accountabilities and authorities of NP practice.
- Understand and apply the Nurse Practitioner practice standard.
- Overview // Notes
- Health Assessment and Diagnosis // Notes
- Prescribing // Notes
- Dispensing // Notes
- Ordering and Performing Procedures // Notes
- Test Yourself // Notes
Online Participation Form
Keep track of the website tools and resources you have used.