On This Page
Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship
At the core of nursing is the therapeutic nurse-client relationship. The College's Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship, Revised 2006, practice standard describes the expectations for all nurses in establishing, maintaining and terminating a therapeutic relationship.
- Identify the five components of the nurse-client relationship.
- Describe how nurses maintain boundaries within the nurse-client relationship.
- Identify strategies that protect clients from abuse.
Was this module helpful? Give your feedback.
- Guiding Principles
- Overview // Notes
- Therapeutic Communication and Client-Centered Care // Notes
- Maintaining Boundaries // Notes
- Protecting the Client from Abuse // Notes
Online Participation Form
Keep track of the website tools and resources you have used.