On This Page
Touchstone seeking nurses to help assess Internationally Educated Nurses
The College of Nurses of Ontario is collaborating with Touchstone Institute in the assessment of Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) seeking nursing registration in Ontario.
About Touchstone and the Clinical Examination
Touchstone is an assessment centre for internationally educated health professionals seeking access to training or registration in Ontario.
The purpose and unique feature of its examinations is that the results help identify the different levels of a candidate's experience. The clinical exam uses an OSCE format. An OSCE is a type of examination where clinical scenarios using trained standardized patients are used to assess each candidate in a consistent way.
Touchstone is currently recruiting Registered Nurse Examiners for the 2018 Internationally Educated Nurses Competency Assessment Program (IENCAP). The IENCAP is a standardized examination that tests the knowledge, skill and judgment of an internationally educated nurse using an OSCE and a writtern multiple-choice clinical examination. (The blueprint for the IENCAP is based on the document National Competencies in the Context of Entry-Level Registered Nurse Practice.)
Please consider applying if you meet the criteria listed below. All exam dates consist of two OSCE administrations and will run a full day (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.).
- Examiners are required to attend the mandatory examiner training, which is held the evening before the exam.
- Registered Nurse Examiners will not be able to leave before the end of the last administration.
- This exam will be held in Toronto at: Touchstone Institute, 145 Wellington St. W., 8th Floor
Toronto, ON M5J 1H8
- Minimum attained education: Completed Canadian Nursing Baccalaureate degree
- RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in an active and practising class
- No professional conduct concerns or terms, conditions or limitations on practice with the College
- Recent nursing practice or clinical experience as an RN in Canada (minimum of six months within the past three years)
- Proficient understanding of national RN entry-to-practice competencies
- No recent involvement with CNO committees (within 5 years)
- No recent employment with CNO (within 5 years)
- No perceived conflict of interest with external interest groups (i.e., nursing placement and recruitment agencies)
- Commitment to full participation in each session
How to Apply
Complete all fields in the online application form. Ensure that your resume contains:
- all graduation dates and credentials from granting institutions
- places of employment with positions, job duties and dates
Only applicants who meet these criteria will be forwarded to Touchstone for review.
Examiner training and IENCAP assessment dates
Please see website for dates in 2018 http://www.touchstoneinstitute.ca/assessment/iencap.aspx