Seeking item writers for the new practical nursing (PN) exam
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is seeking your help to develop a new practical nursing (PN) regulatory exam. Specifically, we need the assistance of PN educators who are familiar with PN curriculum to write items for the exam.
This volunteer opportunity gives you a chance to participate on a panel that will develop the new PN exam questions to ensure they reflect RPN entry-level practice in Canada.
To be considered for participation, you must meet the following criteria:
- Nurse educator or faculty member who teaches in an approved/recognized PN program in Ontario
- Educator who is familiar with PN curriculum, including exam preparation or item writing, including familiarity with RPN entry-level competencies.
- Registered with CNO in good standing
- Employed as an RN or RPN for at least two years.
In addition, you will need to:
- Have your employer’s permission to be released from work duties and/or be available on your own time to participate in the review panel activities
- Be able to commit three days for panel meetings
- Be able to travel to Chicago with up-to-date travel documentation.
And, you must not:
- Have participated in developing a national, provincial or territorial nursing exam within the past two years.
How do I apply?
Email your name and up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the email that you are applying to be an item writer.
How and when will I know if I am selected?
If you are selected to participate in an item writer panel, we will contact you with next steps.
Who can I or my employer contact if we have any questions?
Contact Donna Rawlin, Education Consultant at email@example.com if you have any questions.