On This Page
Make a Complaint
The following information is intended for members of the public who wish to make a complaint about a nurse’s conduct. If you are an employer, facility operator or health professional, please follow the instructions for filing a report.
Before you make a formal complaint to the College about concerns with nursing care, you may wish to discuss your concerns directly with the nurse or the employer.
The College has prepared a guide, Addressing Complaints at the College of Nurses of Ontario, that contains important information about the complaints process.
How to Proceed
If you wish to proceed with a complaint, you should send your detailed complaint in writing, or in an audio or video format, to:
Executive Director & CEO
c/o Professional Conduct Department
College of Nurses of Ontario
101 Davenport Road
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 3P1
In your complaint:
- state that you are making a complaint about nursing care;
- provide the name(s) of the nurse(s) involved (if known);
- state your specific concern and provide:
- the date the incident occurred;
- the time the incident occurred;
- the exact location where the incident occurred (e.g., name of facility, nursing unit, room number);
- the client’s name;
- as many details as possible about the incident; and
- include your name, address, and telephone number so that an investigator can contact you.
Do not send personal information via email. For assistance or more information on the complaints process:
- email the College at email@example.com
- call 647 253-3880 (toll-free in Canada 1 844 553-3880)