On This Page
Partners in Safety: 2018 Annual Report
In 2018, CNO reached out to many of our stakeholders to support safe nursing practice. These included patients and members of the public, nurses, nurse employers and educators, as well as other organizations.
“We all need to work together to uphold safe nursing care for Ontarians — and we count on you [the public] to tell us when we can do a better job,” says Anne Coghlan, CNO’s Executive Director and CEO.
The report highlights five key initiatives at CNO. In 2018, we:
- reflected your perspectives in our brand new Code of Conduct for nurses
- supported safe practice for nurses with substance use and/or mental health issues using early treatment
- created an online tool so applicants can register with CNO more efficiently
- ensured all nursing education programs in Ontario meet comprehensive standards
- partnered with stakeholders to better understand and deal with patient safety concerns
Read more about this work – plus many interesting facts about CNO – in our 2018 Annual Report.