Legislation Governing Nursing
The Nursing Act, 1991 contains a scope of practice statement and controlled acts authorized to nursing, as well as provisions and regulations specific to the nursing profession. It includes definitions of the classes of nurse registration, entry-to-practice and title protection regulations, and regulations on initiating controlled acts.
The Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 contains provisions regarding permitted actions and processes that are applicable to all regulated health professionals in Ontario.
Nursing Act, 1991
- Ontario Regulation 275/94: General
- Ontario Regulation 799/93: Professional Misconduct
- An Introduction to the Nursing Act, 1991 (Fact Sheet)
Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991
- Ontario Regulation 39/02: Certificates of Authorization
- Ontario Regulation 107/96: Controlled Acts
- Ontario Regulation 59/94: Funding for Therapy for Patients Sexually Abused by Members
- NP Diagnostic and Prescriptive Authority
- RHPA: Scope of Practice, Controlled Acts Model
- FAQs: Bill 179 (Regulated Health Professions Law Statute Amendment Act, 2009)