On This Page
PN Exam Transition Working Group
The PN Exam Transition Working Group provides expertise and consultation during the transition period of the Practical Nurse (PN) Exam project. This time-limited group will be in place for about 24 to 36 months (until after the exam is implemented in 2022). The group includes academic stakeholders and College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) staff.
The main objectives of the group are to:
- provide expertise on the development of an exam transition plan for PN programs in Ontario
- identify relevant evaluation metrics
- identify risk and mitigation strategies related to the PN exam transition process
- provide insight on emerging trends in the education sector that may impact exam provider transition
- advise and make recommendations on the recruitment of focus group/survey participants, if required.
The six academic members on the group represent varied geography and French and English PN programs. CNO has provided a project lead who is responsible for the operations of the group. The group’s chair is CNO’s Director, Professional Practice. Ad hoc members are added as required.
Additional Terms of Reference
The Work Group is comprised of CNO staff and academic stakeholders. CNO will have a project lead who will be responsible for the operations of the Committee. The Committee chair is CNO’s Director, Professional Practice. There will be ad hoc members as required.
Six external members recruited by CNO represent varied geography and French and English PN programs.
After an initial teleconference in the fall of 2018 to set the context for the group, an in-person meeting was held at the CNO office at the start of the project. Video and/or teleconferences are held every month and/or as needed. An additional meeting of the group will be convened in 2022, post implementation of the new exam.
- CNO will be responsible for the working group members' travel costs.
The work group is accountable to CNO’s Director, Practice Quality.
|June Macdonald-Jenkins||Loyalist - Belleville|
|Silvana MacDonald||Lambton - Sarnia|
|Lise Bonin||Boreal - Sudbury|
|Tania Pynn||Confederation - Thunder Bay|
|Sandy Deluca||Fanshawe - London|
|Wendy Ellis||George Brown - Toronto|
|Anne Marie Shin||College of Nurses of Ontario|
|Donna Rawlin||College of Nurses of Ontario|