On This Page
Practice reflection resources
CNO’s 2020 QA program focuses on encouraging nurses to think about their experience this past year. The following resources have been developed to support you in reflecting on your practice.
- 2020 reflective questions
- Video: How to become a reflective practitioner video
- Video: Value of Practice Reflection
- Action Plan template (previously known as the Learning Plan)
SMART Learning Goals
Watch this video and use the guide to help you write Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-limited (SMART) learning goals for your Action Plan.
Standards and Guidelines
CNO creates practice standards and guidelines to support nurses in providing safe, quality care to the public. These documents outline the expectations and accountabilities for nurses. They apply to all nurses, regardless of their role, job description or area of practice. Use these documents to enhance your knowledge of your learning goals.
Developed in conjunction with nursing regulators across the country, these documents describe what is expected of entry‐level registered nurses and registered practical nurses in order to provide safe, quality nursing care in a variety of practice settings.
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Registered Nurses
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Ontario Registered Practical Nurses
- Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
Resources for Nurse Practitioners
In addition to the two selected practice documents, Nurse Practitioners must review the Nurse Practitioner practice standard, the Entry-to-Practice Competencies for Nurse Practitioners and the information in the NP Practice Resources section of this website.