On This Page
Achieving an Impact: Completing our 10-Year Strategic Plan
Over the last 10 years, our health care system has experienced tremendous change and CNO has evolved along with it. Technology has developed rapidly and there is widespread access to information. These days, patients expect quality, trusted service, convenience and integrated care.
In 2011, we embarked on a 10-year strategy centred on building confidence in nursing regulation, sharing our knowledge and leading in regulatory innovation. We’re pleased to report that we have made an impact on all fronts.
Here are some highlights of our successes in the last decade:
- a new Code of Conduct for nurses to further build public trust in nursing care
- support and resources for the expanding roles of nurses
- a new governance vision, which is already influencing changes in the governance structures of other regulators
- improved services via technology so we can communicate more efficiently with all our stakeholders
- a better way to assess nursing education programs and ready nurses for safe practice
Read more about these and many other initiatives from CNO over the last decade in Achieving an Impact: 10-year Strategic Plan report (2011-2020).