On This Page
Manager, Development & IT Operations
An experienced developer and best practices leader with a track record of innovation and delivery excellence, you welcome this opportunity to ensure that business application system needs are effectively met so that the organization can continue to deliver on its purpose to protect the public by promoting safe nursing practice.
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), located in downtown Toronto, is the governing body for over 185,000 registered nurses (RNs), registered practical nurses (RPNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) in Ontario, Canada. The nursing profession has been self-regulating in Ontario since 1963, a privilege granted to those professions that have shown they can put the interests of the public ahead of their own professional interests. It recognizes that Ontario’s nurses have the knowledge and expertise to regulate themselves as individual practitioners and to regulate their profession in collaboration with members of the public through CNO.
About the Role
As the new Manager, Development and IT Operations, you will play a pivotal role by leading and implementing application development, maintenance, and support plans to enhance, support, and deliver CNO regulatory business operations.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, your key accountabilities will be to:
- Establish and deliver processes and team plans to proactively identify and support technology application needs of the organization and business units; ensure that application systems are compliant with all regulatory, legislative and CNO confidentiality and security requirements, reflective of current and best practices
- Establish service delivery standards; create processes and implement mechanisms to monitor delivery; identify and evaluate risks and recommend appropriate solutions to support the stability of access to systems and data/information to meet CNO’s standards for reliability and performance
- Manage a team of internal staff, contractors and/or vendor resources and apply best and current practices to lead the software architecture of systems to gather requirements, assess needs and identify options; design solutions including development, building, testing, deployments and implementation; and maintain and upgrade systems to ensure optimal performance
- Support project management activities to deliver technology solutions including preparing project plans, proposals, estimations, reports and schedules
- Create system documentation including business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans for applications; contribute to development of user training requirements
To be considered for the role of Manager, Development and IT Operations, you will have a combination of formal education in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Systems Design or related discipline and relevant recent work experience delivering and overseeing technology applications services:
- administration, enhancement and testing of applications to support ongoing business priorities and system integrity
- using innovation to make a measurable impact on business results
- Specific experience required for:
- Web application project implementation
- Microsoft Dynamics (CRM, 365, ERP)
- Agile development methodology
- Azure and Microsoft Cloud services
- Version Control system (TFS, GIT), Continuous Integration / Deployment, DevOps
- System monitoring and performance / scalability development and testing
- Systems integration with MS Dynamics, SharePoint, GP, SSRS, SSIS
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in the role of Manager, Development and IT Operations these skills are an asset:
- Successful application of project management principles and methodologies for large system roll-outs using in-house development teams and vendor packages
- Probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies
- Superb organizational skills including the ability to establish and apply priorities to balance and manage multiple projects and activities
- Demonstrated success building constructive and effective relationships with team members and colleagues; bias for delivery excellence by understanding business needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present and simplify complex facts and information and explanations to various audiences
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio or other process analysis tools
To apply for this leadership role in mission-critical solutions development, submit your application to Phelps, at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Application deadline: June 21, 2021.
The College of Nurses of Ontario is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.