On This Page
Manager, Information Management
A champion of best practices in records management, information management, and privacy, security and access standards and processes, you’re ready to use your leadership and subject matter expertise to support CNO in promoting the highest standards of nursing practice, conduct and services.
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), located in downtown Toronto, is the governing body for over 185,000 registered nurses (RNs), registered practical nurses (RPNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) in Ontario, Canada. The nursing profession has been self-regulating in Ontario since 1963, a privilege granted to those professions that have shown they can put the interests of the public ahead of their own professional interests. It recognizes that Ontario’s nurses have the knowledge and expertise to regulate themselves as individual practitioners and to regulate their profession in collaboration with members of the public through CNO.
About the Role
Keeping information private and secure is a top priority at CNO and, as the new Manager, Information Management, you will play a pivotal role in this regard by establishing and delivering programs and services that support records management, business process mapping, and privacy and security functions.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology and acting as CNO’s chief privacy officer, your key accountabilities will include:
- Records management and business process mapping
- Develop framework and process to create, update and archive organizational policies, procedures and job aids
- Establish and maintain records and information management policies, standards and processes; develop and administer quality control mechanisms to safeguard CNO’s records; collaborate across CNO to develop and deliver training for the use, access and preservation of CNO records
- Establish and deliver services to map business processes as they relate to managing records and information, through consultation and collaboration with business units and IT.
- Privacy and Security
- Establish and administer a privacy and security programs that includes policies, standards and procedures to safeguard information assets; collaborate across CNO to develop and deliver training to enhance application of best practices; collaborate with teams to identify and integrate risk mitigation strategies
- Delivery of organizational projects related to the conversion of paper documents to electronic records including the categorization and management of records which require working with and managing contracts with external vendors.
To be considered for the role of Manager, Information Management, you will have a combination of formal education in Information Management or Information Sciences and relevant recent work experience delivering and overseeing records management and privacy / access services, including responsibilities related to:
- Protection of personal information and breach management processes
- Broad range of large and complex information management processes
- Development of customer-focused programs to manage paper, digital and image records including classification, indexing and retention scheduling
You will also have successful experience working with external vendors to manage business processes including establishing and monitoring services against SLAs.
Knowledge and Skills
To be successful in the role of Manager, Information Management, these skills are an asset:
- Current knowledge of records, information management and privacy and access legislation and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) would be desirable
- Superb organizational skills including the ability to establish and apply priorities to balance and manage multiple projects and activities
- Demonstrated success building constructive and effective relationships with team members and colleagues, collaborating to focus on joint accountability for program effectiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present and simplify complex facts and information and explanations to various audiences
To apply for this mission-critical leadership role in information management, submit your application to Phelps, at email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Application deadline: June 21, 2021.
The College of Nurses of Ontario is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.