Help review items for the new practical nursing (PN) exam
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is seeking your help to develop a new practical nursing (PN) regulatory exam. Specifically, we need the assistance of clinicians who work with new RPNs to review items prepared for the exam.
This volunteer opportunity gives you a chance to participate on a panel that will review the new PN exam questions to ensure they reflect RPN entry-level practice in Ontario.
To be considered for participation, you must meet the following criteria:
- Clinician working with new RPNs in an acute, long term care or community practice setting
- Clinician who is familiar with RPN entry-level competencies and practice expectations for novice RPN with less than one year experience
- Registered with CNO in good standing
- Employed as an RN or RPN for at least two years.
In addition, you will need to:
- Have your employer’s permission to be released from work duties and/or be available on your own time to participate in the review panel activities
- Be able to commit three days for panel meetings
And, you must not:
- Have participated in developing a national, provincial or territorial nursing exam within the past two years.
How do I apply?
Email your name and up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the email that you are applying to be an item reviewer.
How and when will I know if I am selected?
If you are selected to participate in an item review panel, we will contact you with next steps.
Who can I or my employer contact if we have any questions?
Contact Donna Rawlin, Education Consultant at email@example.com if you have any questions.