On This Page
Emergency Class: Terms, Conditions and Limitations
Every Emergency Class certificate of registration is subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
- The registrant must be supervised by an RPN, RN or NP registered with CNO.
- The registrant shall at all times, when providing nursing services, identify themselves as an Emergency registrant.
- The registrant shall not perform a controlled or authorized act, unless the act is ordered by a Registered Nurse in the General Class or a person authorized to do the procedure under section 5 (1) (b) of the Nursing Act, 1991.
- The registrant shall not supervise, monitor or direct the performance of a controlled act or authorized act or the practice of another registrant in any class.
- The registrant shall not delegate or accept the delegation of a controlled or authorized act from another registrant or any other person.
- The registrant shall be restricted to the use of the following title:
- in the case of a registrant holding an Emergency certificate of registration as a registered nurse, “Registered Nurse (Emergency), or
- in the case of a registrant holding an Emergency certificate of registration as a registered practical nurse, “Registered Practical Nurse (Emergency)”
Professional Liability Insurance
The registrant shall maintain professional liability protection (PLP) in accordance with the requirements, if any, set out in the by-laws.
The registrant shall, at the request of the Executive Director, provide evidence satisfactory to the Executive Director, and in the form and manner requested by the Executive Director, that the registrant maintains PLP in accordance with the requirements, if any, set out in the by-laws.