On This Page
Registering with the College is now an online process
When you have successfully met all registration requirements, you can complete your registration online and pay the applicable fee.
Once you have completed your registration, then you can confirm your registered status by going to Find a Nurse, the College’s online register, and searching for your name.
- If the name on any of your supporting documents is different from the name appearing on your application, then please send a photocopy of your birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change along with a letter requesting a name change.
- If during the application process the College receives any information that could affect your ability to practise nursing, the College will review the information and may extend the time needed to process your application.
- Your application with the College will remain open as long as there is evidence of progress towards meeting registration requirements. If there has been no activity on your application for two years, then the College will consider the application closed. Once that occurs, you will need to submit a new application along with fees and documentation if you wish to register with the College.
- Note that criminal record checks are only valid for six months from date of issue, so if a previously submitted criminal record check has expired, you will need to apply for, and submit, a new one.
If I become eligible for registration near the end of the year and I want to register before the end of the year, will I have to pay two fees – one for this year and one for the next year?
It is your choice whether to register with the College this year or next year. The annual fee expires on December 31 every year and it is not pro-rated. This means that if you choose to become registered to practice for the remainder of this year, then you will need to pay the registration fee for this year and then pay another fee to renew your registration for the next year by December 31 of this year.
- If you plan to register next year, all requirements for registration must still be met at the time of your registration. You must register before any requirements expire.
- The College cannot reverse your registration once it has been issued.
- If you do plan on practicing nursing this year, you must first register with the College, no matter how short the timeframe.
Do you have any other questions about your examinations or the registration process? Contact the College.